Made with Foursigmatic Reishi and Barlean’s Seriously Delicious CBD for a delicious dessert with added benefits!
What is your food doing for you? We’re lucky in 2019 to find so many added benefits in the variety of snacks lining our grocery aisles. Not only are there endless flavors and types of snacks to choose from but healthy choices are becoming more delicious and packing more of a nutritious punch than ever before. Whether you want added vitamins and minerals, some extra relaxation or caffeination, we’re seeing more and more food bringing health benefits beyond just calories. What better way to kick off 2020 than by sharing these added benefits with your friends and family. These delicious Cake Pops offer filling and satisfying fiber, mood-boosting chocolate, immune - boosting and relaxing Reishi mushrooms, and even CBD!
These chocolate frosted cake pops are an easy, healthier alternative to standard cake pops. Typically cake pops are a decadent treat made with balled cake and frosting then covered in chocolate. While that’s a delicious way to do cake pops, we’re here to let you know that they can still be delicious while also nourishing your body and maybe leave you feeling a little more refreshed and a little less bogged down the next day. The “cake” part of these cake pops has only one ingredient – whole grain Breakfast Cookies – they’re already packed with fruit and oats for fiber and protein!
Breakfast Cookies are soft baked and made with prune puree which keeps them moist and easy to reshape – no need for frosting or anything else! We used our fall flavors of Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies since they’re still available and they’re absolutely delightful. But you can use any of the 6 flavors we offer. Double Chocolate would be delicious as a cake pop base.
The Gingerbread Breakfast Cookies are covered in a sweet white chocolate shell that has 2 tsp of Barlean’s Seriously Delicious CBD Hemp Oil in Lemon Drop flavor. The white chocolate and lemon are a great pair since one is sweet, and the other a little tangy. We love the added benefits of CBD and these delicious, creamy hemp oils are designed by Barlean’s for superior absorption and bioavailability.
Four Sigmatic makes it easy to incorporate mushrooms like Lion’s Mane, Chaga, and Reishi into daily life through their elixirs and other drink mixes. We added some of their Mushroom Cacao Mix with Reishi into the semi-sweet chocolate that coats the Pumpkin Spice Cake Pops. Chocolate and Pumpkin Spice – you just can’t go wrong with this combo! If you can’t find our seasonal Breakfast Cookie flavors in your local store, then try the Peanut Butter Breakfast Cookie with this cacao and chocolate topping.
Each ingredient in these cake pops offers more than meets the eye! Don’t just reserve these for parties. They would make a great addition to a Friday school lunch or weekend treat. We used a double boiler method to melt the chocolate for these, you can also use a microwave however you will have to work quickly to get it all the chocolate applied before it dries. Double boiling is super simple you just need a pot of simmering water and a metal or heat safe bowl that can sit inside of the pot. You want the simmering water to be an inch lower than the bowl inside. Simply place your chocolate chips in the bowl and stir until melted. Make sure you don’t let your chocolate get too hot, as you want a smooth consistency that is easily pliable. Using a spoon wrap the melted chocolate around your Breakfast Cookie cake pops until they are frosted to perfection. Set on parchment paper and add sprinkles for added pizzazz!
Chocolate Frosted Breakfast Cookie Cake Pops
Makes: 12 Cake Pops
- 4 Breakfast Cookies (2 Pumpkin Spice, 2 Gingerbread)
- 12oz White Chocolate Chips
- 12oz Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Barlean’s Seriously Delicious CBD Hemp Oil, Lemon Drop
- 2 packets Mushroom Cacao Mix with Reishi by Four Sigmatic
- Divide each Breakfast Cookie into three equal pieces and form each piece into a ball. Using a cake pop stick or a popsicle stick, stick one end into the cake pop ball.
- Using a double boiler melt the white chocolate chips until the consistency is smooth. Once smooth, add in 2 tsp of Barlean’s Seriously Delicious CBD Hemp oil and continue stirring until well combined. * The CBD oil will make the chocolate seize a tiny bit but don’t worry it should spread on your cake pops just fine.
- Using a spoon or a small spatula, “frost” your Breakfast cookie pops with a nice thick layer of chocolate.
- Place on parchment paper, add any sprinkles or decorations and refrigerate until hard.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with semisweet chocolate, adding 2 packets of Mushroom Cacao Mix on step 2.
- Serve at Room Temperature
We hope you all enjoyed your New Year Celebrations and will devour these dessert ideas with added benefits as you stick with your resolutions!
Customer Experience Coordinator | Erin Baker's
Love this Post? Be sure to subscribe so they come straight to your inbox!