Add some ancient grains to your favorite Thanksgiving side! We swapped out traditional sweet potato toppings this year for our delicious seasonal Maple Pecan Homestyle Granola. We loved it and thank you will too!
Some foods are just downright staples when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner. Every year I challenge myself to find or make recipes that have all of the flavor of traditional dishes, but with healthy substitutions. Topping these creamy sweet potatoes with our newest Maple Pecan Granola did the trick by adding just the right amount of crunch, sweetness, and whole grain nutrients that will have the family going back for seconds. This year, swap those high fructose corn syrup marshmallows for sweet maple syrup coated whole grain oats and pecans - you won't regret it!
Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe with Maple Pecan Granola Topping
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 10oz Erin Baker's Maple Pecan Homestyle Granola
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325˚F
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1-1/2 inch cubes. Bring to boil in lightly salted water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Drain water and return to saucepan.
- Add 3 tbsp butter, heavy whipping cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt to potatoes. Whip with electric mixer until potatoes are creamy. Be careful to not overmix!
- Transfer potatoes to 8x8 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, break up large Granola clusters. Coat with 2 tbsp melted butter.
- Sprinkle Granola mixture over sweet potatoes and bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until Granola topping is crispy.
- Enjoy with friends & family!
What healthy substitutions are you using this year?
Leave a comment or tag us on our social sites using #erinbakers - we love it when we've inspired you!