Beat the summer heat with these easy, delicious homemade treats made with whole food ingredients!
What’s better – ice cream or cookies? You’re right, they’re both better! We’ve combined the two for some wholesome summertime goodness with our Breakfast Cookie Minis. Breakfast Cookies are made with whole grain oats and the main sweetener is prune puree! That means they’re sweet enough to satisfy cravings but filling enough to stop you from eating the whole batch. They’re also adorable and the perfect size for everyone to enjoy. The best part is these little ice cream sandwiches can be thrown together with very little effort.
Making your own ice cream sandwiches instead of purchasing pre-made means you get more say in the ingredients you include. Aside from choosing a yummy and healthy cookie you can also add nuts, sprinkles, chocolate and any flavor of ice cream that your heart desires. We added even more wholesome goodness to these little morsels with banana slices. They are delicious with the Peanut Butter and Double Chocolate Minis too! These will quickly become the easiest treat you’ve ever made. Just unwrap, assemble and enjoy! If you’re avoiding dairy you can use a non-dairy ice cream as a substitute! The Breakfast Cookie Minis in our Sample Pack are all vegan friendly.
To have the best experience assembling these cookie sandwiches you’ll want about a pint of ice cream and 20 Breakfast Cookie Minis to make 10 sandwiches. To get the right amount of ice cream on each cookie I recommend you use a cookie cutter that is slightly smaller than the cookie itself. After spreading my ice cream on a baking sheet (and adding some bananas on top) I stuck it in the freezer for about 3 hours to firm up. Once it was frozen solid, I used the cookie cutter to get the perfect circle of ice cream onto each Mini. I love this method because scooping ice cream into sandwiches can be a real battle if your ice cream gets too soft or if you’re forced to press your cookies together too much. This way the ice cream is an even layer, the Minis stay intact, and everything comes together beautifully.
It’s tough to find a treat that’s delicious and satisfying enough that you can just eat one, but we’ve found it in these Ice Cream Sandwiches with Minis. Be sure to get them back in the freezer for at least 2 hours before enjoying!
Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches with Breakfast Cookie Minis
- 20 Breakfast Cookie Minis
- 1 pint Ice Cream
- Preferred Mix Ins (Recommended: Banana Slices)
- Unwrap all Breakfast Cookie Minis and place on a plate then put in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Empty 1 pint of ice cream into a bowl and mix until smooth and creamy consistency.
- Spread smooth ice cream onto a parchment lined baking dish about ¼ to ½ inch thick. Add any mix ins now such as banana slices, chocolate chips, or nuts to the top layer of ice cream. Let it freeze 3 + hours.
- Remove both the Breakfast Cookie Minis and the sheet of ice cream from the freezer. Using a cookie cutter slightly smaller than the cookies, cut circles of ice cream and use a butter knife to ease the ice cream circles from the tray.
- Place ice cream circles between two Breakfast Cookie Minis. Repeat until all sandwiches are made.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours then enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Customer Experience Coordinator | Erin Baker's
Love this Post? Be sure to subscribe so they come straight to your inbox!