Time to Cozy Up with a Warm Treat
Nothing is cozier than watching the snow fall with a wonderful cup of homemade hot chocolate! I love this nutritious variation of the traditional hot chocolate recipe to enjoy on cold winter days. This recipe is so easy to make from scratch - you don't need to buy those packets anymore! Don't forget the homemade whipped cream and a Double Chocolate Breakfast Cookie Mini as a delicious wintertime treat.
Mostly, I love this variation as it uses clean ingredients that pack a nutrient punch while warming you up. The holidays are a great time to get your chocolate fix using cacao powder. Cacao powder is raw and less refined than cocoa powder and is actually the purest form of chocolate that you can eat! It's also considered the most antioxidant - rich food in the world according to Natural News. So next time you're craving a hot beverage, make this simple and nutritious hot chocolate recipe that the whole family will love!
Nutritious Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 dollop of homemade whipped cream
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 cup milk
- Cinnamon, chai spices or vanilla to taste
- 1 tsp honey
- Erin Baker's Double Chocolate Breakfast Cookie Mini
- Add cacao powder, honey and the spice of your choice into mug
- Add a splash of hot water into mug and stir into a paste
- Warm milk and add into mug, stir until combined well
- Top with whipped cream
- Serve with a Double Chocolate Mini
What's your favorite drink for snowy days? Leave a comment or tag us in a picture on social media using #erinbakers - we love when we've inspired you!