Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Granola Cookies
Just like the traditional oatmeal raisin cookies you grew up with but soft, chewy and delicious! Use any of our granola flavors to add some protein & nutrition to this gluten-free treat!
Okay, sometimes gluten-free recipes can be a little unappetizing. But let me tell you, these Oatmeal Raisin cookies are so good, no one would ever suspect that they are wheat free! Coconut flour made these cookies so soft and moist and our Oatmeal Raisin Homestyle Granola provided the perfect cinnamon flavor. One thing I love about this recipe is that the hardy oats from the granola give the cookies an amazing texture that traditional cookies just don’t have. We also added chocolate chips… because who doesn’t love a little chocolate in their cookies?
Gluten-Free Oatmeal Raisin Granola Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 tbsp. (1 Stick) salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. course sea salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- ½ cup oat flour (blend whole rolled oats in blender or food processor on high for 30 sec.)
- 3 cups Erin Baker’s® Oatmeal Raisin Homestyle Granola
- ¼ cup chocolate chunks (or chips)
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat together brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla. Slowly add egg mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Slowly fold dry ingredients into wet mixture in batches until fully incorporated.
- Add the oats, oat flour, and granola and mix thoroughly. Since there is no wheat flour (gluten) in this recipe, you don’t need to worry about over-mixing and creating dense, tough and chewy cookies. Once dough is mixed well, add chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Cool the dough in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours. This prevents the warm butter to spread too quickly before the cookie can properly set.
- Portion dough to your preferred size and slightly flatten on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Space the cookies a couple of inches apart to avoid crowding. Bake until golden brown about 12 minutes- with lightly crispy edges. Adjust time less or more if you prefer chewy or crispy cookies.
Resist the temptation to eat these immediately, and let them cool. Share. Enjoy!
*You can substitute 1 cup of wheat flour for coconut flour if you don’t need a gluten-free recipe!
What granola flavor will you bake your cookies with? Coconut Chia? Or perhaps Double Chocolate?
Leave a comment or tag us on our social sites using #erinbakers - we love it when we've inspired you!
Find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or leave a Comment
Love this Post? Be sure to subscribe so they come straight to your inbox!