Christmas cookie game changer! Try this delicious twist on the traditional shortbread thumbprint cookie. These chewy PB&J cookies are baked with our peanut butter granola which adds an amazing texture that pairs well with the sweet fruit jam!
Let's face it, Christmas cookies are a staple around the holidays! It's no secret that we're a little obsessed with cookies 😉. So why not bring something different to the cookie table this year? The subtle, salty peanut butter adds the right amount of flavor to the cookie. One of the awesome things about thumpbrint cookies is that you can make the filling anything you want! We chose rasperry and apricot jam, which were a hit! However, you could do any other flavor, or a chocolate kiss in the middle as well. Enjoy & Happy Holiday Baking!
- 3/4 cup melted salted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups or 12 oz. Erin Baker's Homestyle Peanut Butter Granola
- 1/2 cup jam or filling of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix white sugar, brown sugar and melted butter together.
- Add vanilla extract and egg. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet sugar/butter mixture.
- Break up clusters in granola and then mix into dough until combined.
- Use a round tablespoon to drop onto greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then pull out and either use a teaspoon to imprint a 1/2 inch divot into cookie, or press thumb into dough.
- Add 3/4 tsp jam, chocolate or any filling of your choice into center of cookie.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet & enjoy!
What's your favorite Christmas cookie recipe?
Leave a comment or tag us on our social sites using #erinbakers - we love it when we've inspired you!