Are you and your family ready for a spook-filled Halloween this year?! All the kids running around in their costumes, rosy-cheeked and filled with sweets... but does it really have to be all about commercial candy companies? There are many healthy alternatives that are just as tasty and fun! My Pinterest board is filled with ideas that will keep those tricksters happy and you feeling good about what you just put in their goodie bag.
At the bakery we came up with this delicious looking chocolate drizzled granola crisp treat that you see below! Or if you're looking for something that is individually packaged you can check out my Double Chocolate Chunk Breakfast Cookie Minis - keep an eye on your email for a special code coming soon!
PS if you live in Bellingham, stop by the bakery and pick up over half of the ingredients that you will need!
Peanut Butter Coconut Granola Crisps
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups soy protein crisps
- 1 ½ cups Vanilla Almond Granola
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup oat bran
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 oz. chocolate chunks (melted)
- In microwave safe bowl combine the butter, peanut butter and honey, melt together (about 45 seconds).
- Stir in the vanilla and chia seeds.
Combine granola, crisps, coconut, oat bran and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Pour honey mixture into bowl and mix well.
Line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment or wax paper and press mixture into baking dish.
- Allow to cool completely until firm (about 35 minutes in refrigerator/15 minutes in freezer).
- Cut into squares and drizzle chocolate over the top.
What will you be handing out this Halloween? Don't be the one on the block getting tricked!
I would love to hear from you!
Leave a comment