It's national oat month! To celebrate you can cheers your Breakfast Cookie (the first ingredient is whole grain oats!) or make something special for the occasion. We've come up with a fantastic energizing snack that is not only packed with protein but is also delicious!
- 1-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
* If you're lucky enough to live in Bellingham, WA, stop by our retail store to purchase the majority of these ingredients!
- Line a 8x8 pan or baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for the honey and peanut butter; mix well
- Add honey to the mixture and stir until well coated, then add peanut butter; mix well
- Press mixture firmly into pan until it is evenly distributed
- Chill in freezer for 1 hour or in fridge for 1 night to set
- Using the parchment paper, remove the entire block from the pan and cut into desired square or bar size
What is your favorite oat recipe?
I would love to hear from you!
Leave a comment